It’s the official start of the summer!
Summer is here, and so are we! Perfect time to hang out with friends, soak up some rays and get Bagel’d. We want you to rock as hard as possible, so we put together a Top 10 Things To Do in SF this Summer, Coffee Meets Bagel style.
Download the guide now!
Here is the text version below:
Top 10 Cheap & Fun Things to Do:
1. 34th America’s Cup: Concert starts 5/30; Competition starts 7/4, Marina
San Francisco is hosting the 34th annual America’s Cup this summer! Spectator tickets go for as low as $15. An outdoor concert series kicks off on May 30th with amazing line-ups: Sting, The Jonas Brothers, Sublime, Jason Mraz and more.
2. Free Opera @ AT&T Park: TBD, AT&T Park
Watch a free livestream of the SF Opera at AT&T Park. Guests can sit on the actual field that the Giants play on! The date will be announced soon on the SF opera homepage.
3. Shakespeare in the Park: Sat. & Sunday @ 2pm from 8/31 – 9/15, Main Post Parade Ground Lawn
For the 31st season of Shakespeare in the park, Kenneth Kelleher returns to direct Macbeth. Enjoy the suspenseful plot & thrilling scenes of witchcraft & swordplay in the Bard’s masterpiece for FREE in the company of sun & greens.
4. Stern Grove Festival: Sundays @ 2pm from 6/16 – 8/18, Sigmund Stern Grove Park
This free festival showcases various types of performing arts including ballet, symphony, rock bands, quartets and even opera!
5. Chipotle Festival: 6/8, Golden Gate Park
If you love Chipotle and live music, this is the place for you! Watch celebrity chefs like Michael Chiarello cook different chipotle recipes while rocking out to artists like Mayor Hawthorne & Walk the moon. Best part? It’s completely FREE!
6. Fillmore Jazz Festival: 7/6 – 7/7, Fillmore St. between Jackon & Eddy
Check out the largest FREE jazz festival on the West Coast. Groove to the sound of live jazz from multiple stages while strolling through 12 blocks worth of fine art, crafts and gourmet food & beverages.
7. Off the Grid picnic @ Presidio: Sundays @ 11 am all summer, Main post in the Presidio
Enjoy picnicking in the sun at the Presidio and leave the picnic basket behind! 30+ gourmet food trucks await, so all you have to bring is your stomach!
8. Oakland First Fridays Art Festival: First Fridays @ 5pm all summer, Telegraph Ave. from West Grand to 27th St., Oakland
Every first Friday Oakland’s cultural art community springs to life with galleries, street performers, local artists and, for those with discerning palates, culinary artisans as well. Free and open to everyone!
9. Ferry Building Farmer’s Market: Every Saturday all year around, Ferry building on Embarcadero
Come to the Ferry Building for a breathtaking view of the Bay Bridge and to check out assortment of artisan shops and the 30+ food trucks and local producers that line up outside. This is a year around event and every local knows about it but it’s a perfect way to spend your Saturday during the summer we just had to include it.
10. Outsidelands: 8/9 – 8/11, Golden Gate Park
So this one is kind of expensive; but it’s such an awesome event and is internationally renowned, so we thought what the hell, you can afford to splurge once. The lineup features Red Hot Chili Peppers, Hall and Oates, Paul McCartney and many more of your favorite bands
Top 10 Summer Bars in SF: Drinking under the Sun & Stars
1. Zeitgeist: 199 Valencia St., Mission / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 2,048 reviews
Have you ever picnicked at a bar? Here’s your chance. Features an enormous outdoor patio, picnic tables & a BBQ grill! Try the house bloody mary.
2. El Rio: 3158 Mission St., Mission / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 523 reviews
Everything you need for a fun summer night: outdoor patio, cheap oysters & margaritas, live music & free dance lessons!
3. Jones: 620 Jones, Tenderloin / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 545 reviews
Swing by this awesome rooftop bar for an amazing view of the city.
4. Tipsy Pig: 2231 Chestnut St., Marina/ Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 869 reviews
Nice gastropub with a spacious backyard patio and a large & eclectic beer selection! Pair a beer with one of their famous salted pretzels and a side of their amazing bacon cheese sauce dip.
5. Biergarten: 424 Octavia St., Hayes Valley / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 180 reviews
Summer in a pint glass. An old school Beer Garden with a superb beer selection. The line can get outrageous so be there early or on the later side. Opens at 3 pm.
6. Water Bar: 399 The Embarcadero South, Embarcadero / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 1,275 reviews
Who can say no to $1 oysters? Oyster HH is everyday from 11:30 am to 5:30 pm. Sit outside, order a glass of wine, a dozen of oysters and enjoy the view of the SF Bay.
7. Fat Angel: 1740 O’Farrell St., Western Addition/ Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 430 reviews
Romantic nook with an impressive selection of wine, beer and delectable charcuterie plates. Come early & sit outside!
8. Bazaar Cafe: 5927 California St., Outer Richmond / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 207 reviews
In the mood for drinks under the stars? Then take a seat on the patio. Live music & good food, open day and night.
9. The Ramp: 855 Terry Francois St., Dogpatch / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 622 reviews
It’s SF’s worst kept secret but we couldn’t resist including it on the list. In the far, far away land of Dogpatch lies the perfect waterside bar where you can lounge all day in the sun with a nice beer, and admire the amazing view of the sea.
10. BIG: 761 Post St., Tenderloin / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 94 reviews
Of course we have to include at least one mixology place. Dark indoor bar but crazy good cocktails. Tell the mixologist your favorite booze, ingredient, and style and they’ll whip up something amazing.
Top 10 Summer Restaurants in SF: Al Fresco Dining
1. Zazie: 941 Cole St., Cole Valley / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 2,133 reviews
Friendly, neighborhood French Bistro with the coziest garden patio. Staff will treat you like family. Seating outside is first come first serve so be sure to come early!
2. Arlequin: 384 Hayes St., Hayes Valley / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 420 reviews
A cafe with a leafy, community garden in the back. It’s like having lunch in Hobbit Town. Try their reuben, it’s amazing.
3. Devil’s Teeth Baking Company: 3876 Noriega St., Sunset / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 429 reviews
Order any sandwich (they make the bread in house) on the menu (Beignets on Sundays!) and walk over to the beach. EVERYTHING here is amazing.
4. The Plant Cafe Organic: Embarcadero Pier 3, Embarcadero / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 567 reviews
Sit in the outdoor area, soak in the view of the Bay Bridge and treat your taste buds to the healthy Californian food made from the freshest local produce.
5. Skool: 1725 Alameda St., Potrero Hill / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 567 reviews
Uni flan anyone? Hidden behind The SF Design Center, Skool offers creative seafood, a large dining terrace and a modern, industrial atmosphere.
6. Cafe Divine: 1600 Stockton St., North Beach / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 469 reviews
Tables overlooking Washington Square Park, great food, and live classical music. Each day showcases a different instrument (accordion, bass, piano, acoustic guitar) so be sure to check their homepage before going.
7. Cafe Flore: 2298 Market St., Duboce / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 652 reviews
Lush, green outside patio serves as an oasis from the busy streets of Duboce triangle. Order a simple soup, sandwich & soak up the sun on the patio.
8. Aracely Restaurants: 1201 8th St., SOMA / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ 13 reviews
Axis Café was reborn as Aracely early this year. 3 stars and few reviews but give it a chance! Why? Here’s one reason: bottomless mimosas on a gorgeous patio on a sunny day! Wait, is that three reasons? Who cares, just go!
9. American Grilled Cheese Kitchen: 1 S. Park Ave., SOMA / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 956 reviews
Outdoor seating + crazy varieties of grilled cheese sandwiches (try the mac n cheese one!) + awesome happy hour = Summer Heaven (Tip: Avoid game days if you don’t want to wait forever).
10. Brenda’s French Soul Food: 652 Polk St., Tenderloin / Yelp: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ 3,602 reviews
So this one is not an Al fresco dining place. BUT! It’s the best Cajun food in town and it has the most watermelon iced tea that will help you cool off the summer! Try their collection of both savory & sweet beignets (crayfish, plain, chocolate and apple) – to die for.