At Coffee Meets Bagel, our mission is to deliver high quality, meaningful connections to the millions of active Bagels using our app. To help us achieve our mission, we love to experiment with different layouts to ultimately understand how to deliver the best online dating experience.
What Have We Changed?
Selected Bagels from our Community will now see a new redesign of the Suggested tab: we have introduced a new way to view and Pass or Like your Suggested Bagels with a scroll-like style feed. The changes will take effect for the Android Community only when you download the latest version of Coffee Meets Bagel from the Google Play Store. (iOS Bagels will not experience any changes.) With previous styles of the Suggested tab, Bagels were presented in order and you viewed the next Bagel by Liking or Passing on the current Bagel. With the new Suggested feed design, you’ll be able to Like your Bagels in any order. Bagels will also no longer disappear once you’ve Liked them.
You can still experience the same depth of profile information as the original layout by selecting the Bagel’s photo.
By now, you might have noticed we removed the Pass button feature with the new redesign. With this option, you only need to Like a Bagel by selecting the heart icon. To Pass, simply take no action and the Bagel will disappear from your Suggested feed in 24 hours.
Why Are We Doing This?
At Coffee Meets Bagel, we strive to empower our Community with a platform designed around authenticity and ease. Our latest Suggested feed is built on best practices we learned from previous design changes. When we rolled out similar feed-like designs with the Discover section, we saw a 90% increase in connections!
Replacing our Suggested tab with a scrolling feed will help remove the pressure of making an irreversible yes-or-no decision on a potential Connection. Now you’ll be able to view all your Bagels at your own pace and without the urgency to say no.
Where Is The Pass Button?
With the new Suggested feed redesign, we’ve removed the ability to Pass on a Bagel. Instead, simply take no action on a Bagel if you don’t wish to Connect.
Tips for Using the New Suggested Tab:
- To see more about the Bagel, simply select their photo and you’ll be brought to their profile page.
- From the Suggested feed, you can Unmatch by clicking on the three dots on their photo.
- To Unmatch and Report, go to the Bagel’s profile and select the same icon to bring up a menu with the additional Report option.
- If you want to “Pass” on a Bagel, simply take no action. (We will count taking no action as a “Pass.”)
- Regardless if you Like or Pass on a Bagel, all your Bagels will remain in your Suggested feed until the next noon.
- If you have a lot of eligible Bagels in your area, you can “Unlock” an additional opportunity using your Beans at the end of the feed.
How Can I Help?
We pride ourselves on being a source of strength for our Community and your feedback directly influences the future of Coffee Meets Bagel in the online dating space. Please send us your comments and suggestions for our latest update at [email protected]