Coffee Meets Bagel
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Please read these rules before entering the Coffee Meets Bagel “#DateYourself” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”).
By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements in Section 1 below.
ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the contiguous forty-eight (48) states of the United States (except for Rhode Island), and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry (“Entrants”). The Sweepstakes is void in Rhode Island, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Coffee Meets Bagel, Inc., 391 Grove Street, San Francisco, California, United States of America, 94102 (“Sponsor”). Employees of Sponsor, Instagram, Inc. (“Instagram”), or any advertising and promotion agencies or other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, advertising, administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, which may include but not be limited to Curology, Inc. (“Curology”), Simple Habit, Inc. (“Simple Habit”), and The Sill, Inc. (“The Sill”), and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is void where restricted or prohibited by law. Entrants’ rights and responsibilities may vary by jurisdiction.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins at 8:01 a.m. Eastern time on January 19, 2020 and ends at 7:59 a.m. Eastern time on January 20, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER. (1) Follow the following companies on Instagram: @coffeemeetsbagel, @curology, @thesill, @simplehabitapp and (2) “like,” and tag a friend on the Instagram #DateYourself post on @coffeemeetsbagel’s Instagram feed referencing the Sweepstakes. More than one entry per person is allowed. Tagging more than one friend will result in multiple entries. All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period according to Sponsor’s server clock. Incomplete, misdirected, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Persons discovered entering under several names or in any way attempting to tamper with the fair play of the Sweepstakes will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Sweepstakes Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the mobile phone account was opened. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF SELECTED ENTRANTS. On or about January 20, 2020, Sponsor will randomly draw one Entrant as the winner from among all eligible entries received. The winner (“Selected Entrant”) will be notified via an Instagram direct message (“Notification”). The Selected Entrant will be required to respond (as directed) within seventy-two (72) hours of attempted Notification. Selected Entrant’s failure to respond timely to the Notification may result in forfeiture of the Prize, and in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries, up to three (3) times. The Selected Entrant will be required to execute a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Declaration”), and may be required to execute a consent to a background check. Except where prohibited by law, the Declaration will state that Selected Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor to use (without additional compensation) Selected Entrant’s name, address, photograph, testimonial, likeness and/or biographical information for purposes of advertising and promotion (including, without limitation, posting on Sponsor’s website(s) and affiliated website(s)). Selected Entrant may also be required to provide name, ID card (for tax purpose), birth date, current address, and phone number. Except to the extent restricted by law, the Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Declaration within the time period specified therein. The Prize may be forfeited, and in such case, an alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if the Selected Entrant (up to three (3) times): (i) cannot be reached; (ii) does not respond to the Notification in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; (iii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iv) cannot accept or receive the Prize for any reason. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Selected Entrant. Sponsor is not required to make multiple attempts to contact a Selected Entrant.
- PRIZE. The Selected Entrant will receive the following (the “Prize”):
- A Curology six-month Subscription (ARV: $120)
- Two to three potted plants from The Sill (ARV: $100)
- A stipend for a solo-date experience of their choice, subject to Sponsor’s prior written approval, up to a maximum of $250: (ARV: $250)
- A “lifetime” subscription to Simple Habit (ARV: $300)
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $770. Elements of the Prize that are provided by Curology, The Sill, and Simple Habit will be subject to the terms and conditions applicable to those elements as set forth on the respective entity’s website and otherwise made available by such entity. For example, note that the Curology element is not available in certain states as specified at https://support.curology.com/article/69-state-by-state-availability” https://support.curology.com/article/69-state-by-state-availability; in the event that the Selected Entrant is located in a state in which the Curology element is not available, Sponsor may provide a substitute element in its discretion.
- PRIZE CONSIDERATIONS. The specifics of the elements of the Prize shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the Prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the Selected Entrant. The Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value for any reason. If Selected Entrant is unable to fulfill the requirements to receive the Prize, Selected Entrant forfeits the Prize in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Sponsor shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, void, corrupted, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or declarations, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, bugs, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
- RELEASE. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant releases Sponsor, Instagram, Curology, The Sill, Simple Habit, and any of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
DISPUTES. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. By entering, Entrant consents to jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of San Francisco County, California for the disposition of any and all disputes.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. By participating, Entrant agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond its control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual acting in a disruptive manner or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Entering with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries is prohibited. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or any other third party platform. Please contact Sponsor with any questions about this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Please do not direct any communications about this Sweepstakes to Instagram or any other third party platform.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant’s acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant’s full name, social media handles, photographs, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation, including without limitation on Sponsor and its affiliates’ program(s), website(s) and social media page(s).
- WINNER’S LIST AND SWEEPSTAKES RULES. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or a winner’s list within ninety (90) days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period, email [email protected].
© 2018-2020 Coffee Meets Bagel, Inc. All rights reserved.