2014 has been another eventful year. Around the world there has been sadness and tragedy, however, there also have been many touching moments that remind us that world is, after all, full of love. Here are 11 ways people around the world expressed their love in 2014!
1. 2014 Sochi Olympics: When Olympian Skier Alex Bilodeau celebrated his Gold Medal with his brother who is diagnosed with cerebral palsy
2. The World Cup 2014: When the love of the sport surpassed the competition during the Brazil vs. Columbia game
3. When the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge that raised awareness on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis went viral
4. When a young woman injured in the Boston Marathon bombing happily and humorously documented her foot amputation
5. When we saw a kind stranger giving this homeless man hope
6. When Mark Zuckerberg and wife Priscilla Chan donated $25 million to the Center for Disease Control Research Foundation
7. When Walking Dead star Laurie Holden went undercover to save the lives of young girls from sex trafficking in Colombia
8. When this dad dressed up as Spiderman to surprise his 5 year old son who is battling cancer
9. When the Church of England embraced women bishops
“Today we can begin to embrace a new way of being the Church and moving forward together,” said Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby.
10. When Emma Watson delivered her powerful speech for gender equality at the UN
11. When the CEO of Apple became the first person from a Fortune 500 company to come out as openly gay
If you liked this post, check out My Alone-iversary: The Perks Of Being Single For 365 Days.
About Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB): CMB is a free dating service that helps members make meaningful connections. It’s designed for busy singles who want to find something real with little or no effort.