When we launched Coffee Meets Bagel in 2012, our mission was to create the best dating service for women. Since then, we’ve made over 2.5 billion introductions, kicked off 112 million chats and created more than 50,000 happy couples in long-standing relationships. According to Survey Monkey Insights, Coffee Meets Bagel is one of only three dating apps that has more female members than male.
Over the last 4 years, we came to realize that men and women (straight and gay) have very different styles of dating and that the best dating experience for everyone is offered through a differentiated service for men and women.
Today, we’re excited to introduce #LadiesChoice, an entirely new way to find that special someone that provides a customized experience for men and women. You can try #LadiesChoice by downloading the Coffee Meets Bagel app in the App Store or Google Play.
Here’s how #LadiesChoice works. Each day at noon, men will receive up to 21 quality matches – known as “Bagels”. They will either like or pass the Bagels. Then, Coffee Meets Bagel will curate the best potential matches for women among the men who expressed interest. Women will choose who gets to talk to them among quality men who have already liked them. That’s right! This means no more frustrating guessing games.
Why are we making this change?
First, we noticed that men and women date differently.
- Men like selection: When asked how many potential matches they want to see in a day, the average answer among men was 17. In fact, 76% of men surveyed by Coffee Meets Bagel said they like #LadiesChoice because they get more than one Bagel a day.
- …while women are selective: Women surveyed by Coffee Meets Bagel only wanted an average of four Bagels a day. But they wanted to make sure they were high quality Bagels who were serious about taking the next step. CMB women who tested #LadiesChoice revealed that they prefered this model, “because these men are more serious about me”.
- Women also want more control over their dating experience: 54% of women who used #LadiesChoice reported, “having more control over who they chat with,” as their #1 reason for liking #LadiesChoice.
Second, we noticed that all singles, particularly single women, have becoming exhausted with what mobile dating has become today – endless swiping and ghosting. By only showing a handful of quality men who already liked them, we wanted to enable women to re-focus their time and energy on men who are serious about taking the next step.
In the markets we have piloted #LadiesChoice, the review has been overwhelmingly positive. Here are a few of our members’ testimonials about #LadiesChoice.
- “It’s nice to look forward to meeting someone each day who is as interested in getting to know me as I am interested about him. No games. Less anxiety.” ~Krystal from Long Beach, California.
- “Dating with a busy schedule can be overwhelming, but when I have confidence that my initial standards have been met and a guy is interested too, then neither of us are wasting our time.” ~Megan from Long Beach, California.
- “More Bagels gives more opportunity to make meaningful connections.” ~Tommy from Covina, California.
For ladies who want to make the first move, they will always have the option to do so in the ‘Discover’ section of the app. This allows them to browse men’s profiles and express their interest first.
For the LGBT Community, the model will also provide a different service. The LGBT community will start receiving multiple high-quality matches each day, instead of simply one.
#LadiesChoice officially launches globally today.
For any media enquiries please write to press at coffeemeetsbagel.com