Dating Statistics: You may not be an Olympian but playing sports can still make you more desirable!
How athletic are singles in NYC & Boston area? What is the most popular sports among them? Lastly, which sports make you the most desirable?
The London Olympics 2012 is coming to an end soon but to continue the fun, Coffee Meets Bagel analyzed 68,000+ matches to uncover the relationship between love & sports.
1. How athletic are singles in the NYC & Boston?
- About a third of the singles, both men and women, mentioned at least one sport on their profiles.
- Singles’ athletic level was similar across all age groups.
- Contrary to the “nerd” stereotype, more educated members seemed more athletic.
- Catholic/Christians were the most interested in sports, while Muslims were the least.
2. What is the most popular sports?
- Men and women mentioned the same sports 70% of the time.
- But! The top 10 rankings were totally different. The top three sports for women were running, yoga, and hiking while guys mentioned running, tennis, and basketball.
3. Which sport makes you the most desirable???
- So, which sports should you play to get more dates? If you are a woman, golf makes you 41% more desirable by men vs. those who don’t play, followed by skiing (16% more) and working out (14% more). Male football players (or football fans) are 38% more likely to get LIKED than men who are not, followed by cyclist (22% more) and basketball players (19% more).
Happy Olympics everyone!
*Special thanks to our members John & Krizia for the awesome findings