Statistics behind love
While we are firm believers of “Love is more art than science” (you have to meet your Bagels to really find out if s/he is the one for you!), we are razor focused on perfecting our algorithm through vigorous statistical analysis so that we can deliver you the Bagels that you will LIKE. Ultimately, this will increase your chance of going on a date with one or hopefully, many of them.
During such analysis, our Chief Data Scientist uncovered hodge podge of interesting facts which we thought would be fun to share with you! Note that these statistics may change as we grow our member base & collect more behavioral data.
On Who You LIKE & Who LIKEs You:
· Ethnicity: Do you have “No preference” as your choice of Bagel’s ethnicity? Well, guess what? You do! CMB members who have “No preference” in their Bagel’s ethnicity are 14% more likely to LIKE Bagels of their own ethnicity vs. who are not.
· Sex: This was a BIG surprise to us! Ladies are 6% more likely to LIKE their Bagels than gents! We get questions all the time—“Do guys LIKE every girl they get?”—so we are glad to see that’s not what’ happening. In fact, our male members seem a bit more picky.
· Friends-of-Friends (FoF) Bagels: You are 30% more likely to LIKE your Bagels if you share mutual friends with them. That’s huge! So invite your friends now to increase your chance of getting FoF Bagels. Lucky for you, we just made this SUPER easy and are now giving you 150 bonus beans you can earn immediately (without having to wait for your friends to join!)
· Photos: You are 20% more likely to get LIKED if you have 3 photos vs. 1 photo. Again, we just made it a lot easier to import your favorite profile photos from Facebook. Check it out here.
· Full Profile: If you take the time to fill out all the profile information, you are 15% more likely to get LIKED than if you didn’t! So go back to your “My Profile” and start filling those keywords in. It doesn’t take long at all.
That’s it for now folks!
Oh one more thing. Our Chief Data Scientist is looking for help! We know CMB members are extremely talented group of people so if you are interested in working with us on optimizing and refining our algorithm, let us know at [email protected] We are looking for mathematician + statistician + engineer to help us tackle the ultimate challenge of finding the science behind love. You can be part of the next dating revolution with CMB!