So DOMA was just ruled unconstitutional and it’s Pride Weekend in cities across the country! In other words, it’s time to celebrate and I can’t think of a better way than to go on a date with an awesome Bagel. (And hey, if it works out then maybe marriage isn’t too far off! But no pressure!)
To help you connect with your dream Bagel, we took a look at data from our members to see just exactly what gets your Bagels to “LIKE” you!
First of all, let’s understand your chances of being LIKED by your Bagels in general.
On avg. gay men and women LIKE their Bagels 25% and 19% of the time. This is slightly lower than their straight counterparts who LIKE their Bagels 27% and 21% respectively. Looks like our gay members hold their bagels to a higher standard!
Given that you only have a 1 out of 4 chance of being LIKED, it’s important to understand what is making your Bagels PASS on you so you can avoid it!
So, what are the top 3 reasons why our gay members PASS on their Bagels?
1. Looks (72.1%)
2. No common interest (11.1%)
3. Picture quality (8.5%)
1. Looks (68.5%)
2. Lack of info (13.9%)
3. No common interest (9.6%)
Not surprisingly, Looks was the #1 reason for the majority of PASSES.
For gay men, Picture Quality was the #3 reason. You know what this means! You need GREAT PHOTOS! (Tip: Great photos consist of 3: a clear face shot, a full body shot, and an activity photo)
For gay women, lack of info & no common interests were big causes for PASSES (reasons #2 and #3) so make sure to beef up your profiles and let the ladies know WHO you are!
For fun, we compared PASS data between straight & gay members. Here are some fun factoids we found:
1. Looks matter! Straight men care the most about looks and straight women, the least.
2. Having common interests matters the most to straight women & gay men
3. Straight men don’t really care about lack of info; it matters the most to gay women
4. Straight women & gay men care the most about jobs and gay women care the least
5. …same for education
6. Ethnicity seems to matter very little to straight men (do straight men care about anything besides looks?)
That’s all for now, have fun celebrating this weekend!!!