Welcome to Urban Dating: our first of a series of easy and fun date ideas for you and your Bagels. We asked urban experts across all 6 cities to give you guys some simple ways to have fun with your Bagels- just in case you are getting a little tired of the ol’ dinner and drinks routine.
First up is LA! For this bussling city we found some Outdoor Dates so all you city goers can get a break from busy LA life! And who better to ask for advice on this than expert Modern Hiker- Casey Schreiner.
Who: Casey Schreiner- Boston University Grad, East Coast native and LA resident since 2004
Why you should listen to him: Casey is an expert hiker who has hiked and blogged over 100 of Southern California’s best trails. His blog Modern Hiker has been featured in Lonely Planet, LATimes, and for those of you more outdoorsy Bagels, Columbia Sportswear selected Casey as one of ten outdoors writers for their OmniTen program!
His Top Date Pick: Echo Mountain Trail
- Distance: 10.4 miles
- Elevation Gain: 2740 feet.
- Time: 4 hours, 40 minutes
- Trail Condition: Very good. The Echo Mountain trail is well traveled, but well maintained.
- How To Get There: From the 210, take the Lake Avenue exit north from Pasadena into Altadena. Continue on the road as it climbs a hill and park near the sharp left hand turn outside the Cobb Estate. You do not need an Adventure Pass to park on the street here.
3 Reasons Why You Should Try It:
- It’s close to the city
- Perfect combination of nature and history- “discover the ruins of a turn-of-the-century resort hotel and explore the building’s stairways and foundations, remnants of a funicular railroad, and the shells of an old observatory” -Casey
- Amazing view of the sunset- “watch the sun set into the Pacific as the city lights up below you”
Insider Date Tip: Bring a little wine or maybe pack a picnic and watch the lights come up over LA
Thanks Casey for your simple, free, fun date ideas! Keep an eye out for more of our urban experts best date tips on our CMB Blog!
Check out more of Casey’s great hikes on Modern Hiker and follow him on Twitter for updates @modernhiker
Content by: @SurprenantK