Sunday Spotlight: Michelle McCormack
We are excited to kick-off Boston’s Sunday Spotlight with Michelle McCormack, an amazing lady behind Secret Boston, a 10,000+ members Facebook community about discovering Boston’s hidden spots, LoveTheCool, a popular fashion/music blog, and Fashion’s Night Out (FNO), a global initiative to celebrate fashion around the world.
Michelle’s career spanned from magazine (where she once worked as a photo assistant to Annie Leibovitz!) to TV commercial & music video production, web design, and more recently, social media. In addition to Secret Boston & LoveTheCool, she was also a nightlife / style blogger for CBS.
Her newest full-time gig is being a CMO at Fashion Project, a high-end shopping site that donates a portion of sales to charity (to launch in fall 2012!). While we mere mortals run errands & catch up on our sleep during our free time, Michelle actively manages her social media groups, organizes amazing events like Boston’s FNO, and lectures to marketing executives at Hyper Island. Seriously, how does she do it?
To keep up with her latest & greatest, follow Michelle on twitter @Michellemmm.
Michelle’s favorite date spots in Boston
1. What are some of the best first date spots in Boston during the summer?
“I suggest walking through the Public Garden – less pressure as you’re walking and talking. The lobby at the Four Seasons is quiet, chill, and have great drinks (Rooms upstairs too, just in case!). Drink in Fort Point has the grooviest, fun atmosphere and there isn’t a liquor bottle in sight. When you order, the bartender fetches top shelf bottles from below and serves up cocktails in some of the coolest flatware in Boston! Secret Boston recommends Delux in South End – small, groovy, cool bar with good drinks.”
2. What are some of the best REAL date spots?
“MOOO is awesome. It has a great atmosphere, interior design and food. Hungry Mother in Cambridge is like your grandmas house, but romantic with awesome cocktails. Lastly, there is South End Buttery, which, besides being so great for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and a Sunday date, never mind breakfast, is also a fun place to just chill at the bar in the back and, well, drink. Secret Boston recommends Dali in Somerville – a real funky but intimate bar with sizzling ambiance & delicious tapas for two.”
(Click here for a full list of Secret Boston’s suggestion on great date spots in Boston)
3. What is your idea of the best Sunday date in Boston?
Here is the itinerary:
1. Meet early at the Charles River for a walk.
2. Walk over to Aquitaine in the South End for Brunch.
3. Walk over to SoWa Open Market in the early afternoon for outdoor stall shopping and indoor shopping at SoWa Vintage Market.
4. Snack on the several food trucks.
5. Head over to the Colonnade Hotel and do a little day-drinking on the roof, in the sun, by the pool (possibly grab a room, but that really depends on how well you’re getting along :)
6. Dinner at Towne because it’s fabulous, yummy and cool.
7. And if after a day like that you’re still talking you should definitely find a mattress somewhere – either your house or one of these fab hotels:
- Taylor House in JP (coolest Victorian house)
- <a “””href=”http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotels/property/overview/index.html?propertyID””” =1787″ target=”_blank”>W Hotel (no need to explain)
- Revere Hotel (only boutique hotel in Boston with balcony off of every room)