Best Urban Date Ideas: LA Part II – Sunset Hiking
Following Tuesday’s Sunset Hiking post, here’s hike #2 from our expert modern hiker Casey! Let’s check out what fun date idea he’s planned for us today:
His top date pic: Mishe Mokwa Trail to Sandstone Peak
- Distance: 6.16 miles round trip
- Elevation Gain: 1400ft
- Time: 3 Hours, at a good pace.
- Trail Condition: Very good, and very easy to follow
- How to Get There: From the PCH, take Yerba Buena Road (right near the border of Los Angeles and Ventura Counties) past the Circle X Ranch. A dirt parking lot is on your left after rounding a bend.
3 Reasons Why You Should Try it:
- 6 mile loop- never see the same beautiful scenery twice! This hike is just across the Ventura County Line takes you through some of the most spectacular SoCal scenery around.
Beautiful sites– see rugged canyons, oak and sycamore-lined streams, and jaw-dropping views of the Channel Islands and Pacific Coast from the tallest peak in the Santa Monica Mountains.
Your own private hike- There are lots of short side-trails you can take for private picnic areas with million-dollar panoramas.
Casey’s Insider Tip: Stop for some great fried seafood at Neptune’s Net after the hike!
Check out more of Casey’s great hikes on Modern Hiker and follow him on Twitter for updates @modernhiker
We’ll be posting more fun date ideas in all our CMB cities, urban dating from the experts- so keep a look out on the CMB Blog!
Content by: @SurprenantK