We know we gave you SF Bagels some fun stuff to do last weekend so this weekend we figure we’ll send some fun date ideas with dome dating tips over the Chicago way!
First up if you happened to miss Baconfest, what some may say is one of the most fun events in Chicago, don’t worry because the Beer and Bacon Fest is waiting for you.
WHAT: Fat Cat’s Beer and Bacon Fest
WHEN: 3 p.m. this Saturday 4/27
WHERE: 4840 North Broadway Avenue (near the Lawrence/Argyle/Wilson Red Lines)
Fun dating tips– Make sure your Bagel isn’t a vegetarian before you take them here!
3 Reasons to Check it Out
- BACON & BEER– well duh but, omg so many kinds of bacon and beer, chicken fried bacon, candied bacon, bacon popcorn, and over 20 specialty beers
- Fat Cat– this is a cool bar with cool seating and an outdoor area, you can check it out for this event and if you like it come back again for some classic cocktails or a Sunday Mad Men screening with $2 drinks
- Good Deal– $40 for a pre-sale ticket that gets you lots of beer and bacon: e-mail [email protected] for your ticket!
Added Bonus: Great deals every week! Mon-$5 burgers, Thurs- $5 martinis, Sat- $4 mimosas, and that’s just to name a few. Plus free showings of Mad Men every Sunday at 9pm. Fat Cat has great inexpensive drinks and some of the best mojitos!
Fun Date Ideas #2
Next up, definitely one of the best events in Chicago, the Pastoral’s Artisan Producers Festival. While this may seem a bit dull and just for old farming folk, it’s actually a really fun event. Great for you Foodie Bagels, So give it a try :)
Fun dating tips– festivals are great for dates because there’s always something for you and your Bagel to do, taste, learn, or talk about!
WHAT: 3rd annual Pastoral’s Artisan Producers Festival
WHERE: 131 N. Clinton St at the Chicago French Market
WHEN: 11-3pm 4/27
3 Reasons to Check it Out
- Free!- we always love free events, there are free tastings of hundreds of artisan cheeses, meats, beers, liquors and more. Not to mention getting to meet the producers and hear their great culinary techniques. Here’s a list of who will be there.
- Beer & Cheese- what more could you ask for?
- Exclusive– a lot of these great products can only be purchased at Pastoral, so if you enjoy something snatch some up while you can! And there are some fun events happening as well, learn how to make your own tea, book signing by Singerman’s Ari Weinzweig, and much more
Added Bonus: If you can’t make it this Saturday, the Chicago French Market is open every week with great vendors for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Give your Bagel some fun options and have a great time! Hours are M-F 7:30 am-7:30pm Sat 8:30am-5:30pm. So whether you want to keep your fun date ideas casual or step it up a notch, you can have a great time anytime of day here.
Content by: @SurprenantK