Best Urban & Fun Date Ideas: Chicago
Welcome back to Urban Dating: Easy & fun date ideas from urban experts!
Our second stop is Chicago! We hit up food, drink and travel writer Amy Cavanaugh for some easy and fun date ideas in Chicago that you and your Bagels can enjoy. These places you can enjoy all year round and are some of the best things to do in Chicago in the summer!
Who: Amy Cavanaugh
Why you should listen to her: She is a freelance food, drink, and travel writer who regularly writes for Chicagoist, Serious Eats, and Choose Chicago, the city’s tourism bureau. She has also been recently published in the Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, Eater, The Brooklyn Rail, Time Out Chicago, and elsewhere.
Her Top Date Pick: Exploring her favorite Chicago neighborhood, Andersonville
3 Reasons Why You should try It:
- An abundance of great restaurants
- Centrally located on Clark Street
- Lots of fun, eclectic shops to peruse in
Insider Date Tip: Start with wine, end with beer, and in between, sample Southern fare and peruse some great stores.
Fun Date Idea #1: In Fine Spirits
Where: 5418 N. Clark, Chicago, Il
- Offers free tastings the first Friday of each month from 6-8pm
- Offers choices of beer, wine or spirits
- Free wine tasting each Saturday from 3-6pm
Fun Date Idea #2: Brimfield
Where: 5219 N Clark St, Chicago, IL
- Shop is filled with vintage housewares
- You can look through plaid blankets, beautiful wooden furniture, taxidermy and bar accessories
Fun Date Idea #3: Big Jones
Where: 5347 N Clark St Chicago, IL
- Amy’s favorite restaurant
- Serves Southern dishes based on historical recipes
- Chef Paul Fehribach uses sustainable & organic ingredients
- You can order a pimento cheeseburger, sweet tea-brined pork loin or Appalachia cider pie
Fun Date Idea #4: Hopleaf
Where: 5148 N Clark St Chicago, IL
- Best beer bar in Chicago
- Huge draft list featuring craft & Belgian brews
- Has a bootle list with more than 250 beers
- Dark and cozy, perfect place to plan the next date
Check out more of Amy’s fun date ideas and food recommendations on her blog and follow her on Twitter for updates @AmyCavanaugh
We’ll be posting more fun date ideas in all our CMB cities, urban dating from the experts. So keep a look out on the CMB Blog!