8 Things Penny Dreadful Can Teach Us About Romance
The season finale of Penny Dreadful was just last night. As I lament over the end of Season 1, and look forward to season 2, I can’t help but to think about how some of the romantic elements in the show can apply to dating in real life.
So Penny Dreadful isn’t really romantic, with all the violence and horror, but there are a lot of titillating scenes and romantic subplots that can teach us a thing or two about spicing up our love lives.
1) Walks in arboretums can be quite flirtatious.
2) Surprise your date with a really good date.
Brona had never been to the theater before, so just look at how elated she is when Ethan surprises her by taking her one night! Bonus: he buys her an orange.
3) Play music to set the mood when you’re together.
4) Sexy Boudoir photoshoots can really spice things up.
5) Sincere compliments are ALWAYS appreciated.
6) Have intriguing conversations over dinner.
Bonus points if it’s candlelit and classy, too.
7) Asking for consent is always appreciated.
If a spoiled, manipulative, and immortal brat like Dorian can ask for consent, so can everyone else.
8) But above all, be there for each other as confidantes and trusted loved ones.
Do you enjoy our TV-inspired dating posts? If so, perhaps you’ll want to read 13 Game of Thrones Reactions to Online Dating.
About Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB): CMB is a free dating service that helps members make meaningful connections. It’s designed for busy singles who want to find something real with little or no effort.