What’s harder: Getting a job or a getting a date?
There are times when the line between interviewing and dating can be extremely blurry, and when we say “there are times”, we mean all the time. Here are some major minor differences we noticed.
1. Why don’t we check in another time?
What it means: Why don’t we not check in at all.
2. So sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner, I was super busy with work!
What it means: I’m not sorry, stop bothering me, yes I saw your emails, but I don’t really want to talk to you.
3. We’re in the process of interviewing others, but we’ll reach out to you.
What it means: We’re still keeping our options open to see what’s best for us, you’re not the first choice.
4. Weeks without a response even after following up.
What it means: We’re too busy not responding, hope you get the point.
5. Why are you interested in working with us?
What it means: Say something to impress us or make us feel special.
6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
What it means: Do you have long term potential?
7. What made you decide to leave your previous job?
What it means: Don’t bring up stories about your previous job, tell us how we’re better.
8. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
What it means: What are your weaknesses?
9. We’re not hiring currently but we’ll keep your resume on file.
What it means: You’re our backup plan.
10. Thank you for your interest. In this instance, we’ve decided not to move forward with your application. We appreciate your interest and wish you success in your job search.
What it means: Thanks for trying, but we found someone.
Did you enjoy this post? Then make sure to check out Who Has More Fun When It Comes to Dating: New York or San Francisco?
About Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB): Every day at noon, we introduce you to one single with whom you share mutual friends. You have 24 hours to LIKE or PASS your match (aka “Bagels”). Mutual LIKE leads to direct connection via text message on a private phone line.