It’s one thing to get creepy messages from guys online, but in real life? And on the first date? Gentlemen, there is a time and place for salacious sayings, but not when we’ve just met, because as opposed to friend-zoning you, we ladies are going to creep-zone you.
For those of you endowed with the Y chromosome, please take heed of my tip and avoid saying anything as remotely unwelcoming as these sampling of creeptastic statements I’ve received upon first meetings.
1) “I’ve been to the red-light district in San Francisco.”
Less than ten minutes later, after we stepped out of the boba shop, he asked me where I was headed off to.
I responded with a question: “Which way are YOU heading?”
He pointed East.
I pointed West.
We shook hands and made no attempt to ever get in contact ever again.
2) “When I went to Amsterdam for a conference with my professor and fellow Master’s candidates, I figured this was the only time in my life I’d be single while in Amsterdam, so I went to go to the red-light district and got a blow job.”
What is up with me running into another guy who went to a red light district? And the bonus to this date? When the campus bell tower rang nine times (for context, we were both on the UC Berkeley campus, and it was nighttime), he told me, “Well, I gotta get back home and finish my presentation for tomorrow!” He hugged me good-bye before running off. Really? He didn’t feel the need to walk me home to make sure I didn’t get killed on the way?
3) “Have you ever thought of being a camgirl?”
Is that your way of trying to compliment me by telling me I’m so sexy, I should show off my goods on the internet? If so, you failed to flatter me.
4) “I’ve never been with an Asian girl before!”
NO, I am not a sampling platter of exotic Oriental fares. Get away from me.
5) “I kinda got erect hugging you!”
Did I really need to know that?
6) “What do you think of rape play?”
Wait, we just met, and you’re bringing up this topic?
7) “Making out is for kids, oral is for adults.”
The gif above is pretty self-explanatory.
Ladies, do you have any creeptastic things guys have told you that you would like to share? Gentlemen, have YOU had any unforward comments made by girls?
If you enjoyed this post, perhaps you’ll want to read 13 Game of Thrones Reactions to Online Dating.
About Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB): CMB is a free dating service that helps members make meaningful connections. It’s designed for busy singles who want to find something real with little or no effort.