Every day, women who use Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB) tell us CMB is the best online dating site they’ve tried. Here’s why:
1. The Smartest Users. Coffee Meets Bagel boasts of one of the most highly educated user bases of any dating site out there with 96% of users holding at least a Bachelor’s and over a third holding a Master’s degree. Our ten most represented alma maters? NYU, Columbia, UPenn, Harvard, Michigan, Berkeley, Boston University, Stanford, Cornell and UCLA.
2. Mutual Friend Vetting. Unlike most dating sites, Coffee Meets Bagel tries to link you with matches via a mutual friend on Facebook. You can use the Bean Shop to find out who this mutual friend is, but sometimes it’s nice just to know you guys potentially travel in the same circles.
3. Flood Control. One of the top complaints women have with tradtional dating sites is that they receive too many messages from people they aren’t interested in. The resulting flood makes it hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. Coffee Meets Bagel sends you one quality each day. No flood damage.
4. A Scheduled Surprise! Every day, Coffee Meets Bagel sends you a new match. Plenty of users admit to watching the clock–11:58, 11:59–where’s my bagel!?
5. No Sketchy Messages. Because both parties have to mutually “like” each other before messaging begins, there’s no chance of logging in to read a litany of skeevy messages complimenting your boobs.
6. The Private Line. When it’s a match, Coffee Meets Bagel opens up a private line that allows you to relay messages to your match via your phone but without revealing your phone number. Chat for up to a week before deciding to take the conversation to another venue.
7. Nothing to Lose. If your bagel “passes” on your profile, he’ll never know if you liked him. But if he does like you, well, hey! It’s a match! Get chatting!
8. A Site Your Friends Want to Use. Describe the concept behind Coffee Meets Bagel and chances are good your single friends will want to try it. Go ahead, share this list and see who signs up for a bagel tomorrow.
9. We’re not a “Hookup App.” Many women say the ambiguity of apps such as Tinder and Okcupid Locals makes it hard to figure out which guys are interested in dating and which ones are just interested in hooking up. Coffee Meets Bagel isn’t ambiguous and we don’t bank on perpetuating the confusion. Meet for coffee. And a maybe a bagel.
About Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB): CMB is a dating app designed with women in mind. Founded by 3 sisters in 2012 in NYC, CMB aims to deliver a fun, safe, and quality dating experience that results in meaningful relationships.