Bend and Snap: Elle Woods Guide to Dating Confidence
No one understands dating struggles better than my favorite blonde, Elle Woods. While Legally Blonde might seem like a movie that was created to enhance the “dumb blonde” stereotype (and I can’t lie, Elle definitely has her moments), there is a much more powerful and inspiring story behind Elle than just a blonde sorority girl attempting to win back her ex-boyfriend. Elle’s confidence, her belief in herself, and her unwillingness to compromise is an inspiring message to women everywhere: relationships do not define who you are, you do.
Here are 13 lessons Elle taught me about dating: Preach it Miss Woods!
1. Always march to the beat of your own drum, even if you stick out in a room of people wearing black.
2. Even through the tears and heartbreak, just remember that you are fabulous.
3. Don’t be afraid to question your date.
4. When talking to your crush, always play it cool.
5. That life-lesson, “Never judge a book by its cover” that you have rolled your eyes at when you were younger, definitely applies to dating!
6. Bad dates and breakups are going to happen, just eat some chocolates and move on.
7. Never think you aren’t good enough for someone.
8. Embrace dating and relationship challenges with confidence.
9. Support from your friends is always essential.
10. Prove it to everyone that you aren’t the girl who lets a man define you.
11. It’s okay to be confident in who you are! Don’t be afraid to show it!
12. Be yourself and one day you will find the perfect someone who loves and respects you for who you are, blonde hair and all.
13. Last but definitely not least, if you bend and snap, you might just find your Prince Charming and can skip all the previous advice (after all, the bend and snap works every time!)
Did you like this post? Check out Do You Give Yourself Pep Talks? for more advice.
About Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB): CMB is a free dating service that helps members make meaningful connections. It’s designed for busy singles who want to find something real with little or no effort.